See You Soondubu

Sundubu RomySoondubu or sundubu is Korean-style tofu stew served in a sizzling-hot pot. Since winter time in Washington is long and cold, it is very nice to have an extremely steamy hot pot or what we call nabe in Japan. At most Korean restaurants, we can chose how spicy we want the sundubu to be. I always order seafood sundubu with no spice.
I assume kimchi, a spicy pickled cabbage dish, is the most popular Korean food in the U.S. I, personally, cannot stand kimchi, though. What I want to point out is not all Korean food is so spicy. When I went to Seoul, Korea, I enjoyed a bag of roasted chestnuts and coffee milk in a triangle-shaped package. 
The other Korean foods I like are chapchae, potato noodles; jajangmyeon, noodles with a black bean sauce; jeon, many pancake-like dish; and kimbap, a sushi roll. I like Korean seaweed as well. Korean seaweed is prepared with sesame oil, therefore it is softer and stickier than nori, Japanese seaweed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Outside Morning Coffee